Friday, August 26, 2011

Come on Irene

So, the original plan this weekend for me to take off was to fly from Boston to New York at 3 in the afternoon on Sunday, hang around JFK for 5 hours until my flight to Dublin at 9:50 pm. Well, now Hurricane Irene is set to arrive in New York about the time that my flight leaves from Boston to New York, which is anticipating declaring a State of Emergency. Thus, the the new plan is to drive to NYC the day before, on Saturday, stay in the hotel and wait in the airport while my mom rides out the storm in a hotel room. I really don't like this at all, it makes me so nervous, but if I'm not checked in at the airport and my flight is canceled, I don't get a chance to be rescheduled and make it out to Dublin. So, I am anticipating that I will have my first ever over-night in an airport terminal. We'll have to wait and see, but I really just hope that this storm suddenly dies or goes way out to sea in the other direction.

Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment